The Real Career Success Resource Center
The Latest Joyless News about the Workplace
Think Corporate America Is a Great Place to Work?
Here are some facts to ponder:
- Three-quarters of the 80 million American workers in the private sector are employed "at will" and can be fired for almost any reason — or for no reason at all. In fact, two million "at-will" American employees are fired every year.
- Over 20,000 workers each year are illegally fired or discriminated against for trying to form a union.
- Over 32 percent of American employers have fired employees in the last year for using company computers for personal use.
- Ergonomic hazards cause two million injuries and disabilities each year.
- According to a University of California study released August 2006,
people on the job more than 51 hours a week are 30 percent more likely to have high blood pressure than those working 39 hours or less.
- Every year, 6,000 workers are killed on the job, 50,000 die from a work-related illness, and 6 million get sick or are injured at their workplace.
- Three out of four American corporations monitor their employees in some way: 63 percent track Internet use; 47 percent store and review e-mail messages; 15 percent use video surveillance; 12 percent record phone conversations and 8 percent review voice-mail messages.
- 63 percent of American companies require employees to undergo medical tests and 62 percent of these companies require employees to take drug tests.
- Of American workers fired because their Social Security number couldn't be verified, 25 percent say they were fired for complaining about unsafe working conditions and 21 percent say they were fired for union activity.
- Jobs created in the next two years will pay an average of $36,000; jobs lost in the last three years paid $43,000.
- By 2015, an estimated 3.3 million service jobs will be lost to off shoring or technology.
- A generation ago, CEOs made 40 times more than workers; today they make 400 times more. (Guess this is great news if you are a CEO but dejecting if you are a regular employee.)
- Over 25 percent of working families are officially low-income; over 25 percent of those are officially in poverty.
- In 1979, 70% of private-sector jobs provided health benefits; now, only 60% do.
- In the last four years, workers' health premiums increased 50%, about $1,000 per family, three times the average increase in income.
- 70% of Americans expect to work past 65; almost half expect to work well into their 70s.
- Nearly 30% of workers over 55 have no pension or IRA; they rely solely on Social Security and personal savings for their retirement.
- Working couples with children put in 10 hours more per week in 2002 than in 1977.
- American workers logged 1,815 hours in 2002, 500 more than some European workers, 100 more than Australian, Canadian, Japanese, or Mexican.
Don't you think that you should escape corporate life the first chance you get?
Leave Corporate Life — Forever!
Above all, being rich is having your freedom. This is what CAREER SUCCESS WITHOUT A REAL JOB is all about. Of course, until recently, having your freedom and becoming financially independent has been easier said than done. But in today's world there is more opportunity than ever before.
Career Success Without a Real Job will inspire you to capitalize on the world of opportunity around you so that you never have to rely on a corporation for your livelihood.
Purchase Career Success Without a Real Job through these direct links:
CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO ESCAPE WORKPLACE STRESS
The Biggest Cause of Workplace Stress
According to a 2006 survey by CareerBuilder.com, more than three-quarters of workers said they are feeling burned out on the job, and more than half said they work under a great deal of stress.
Following are the 5 top causes of workplace stress.
- Difficult co-workers (16 percent)
- Unrealistic workloads (15 percent)
- Tight deadlines (11 percent)
- Last-minute deadlines (10 percent)
CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO WORK IN A STRESS-FREE ENVIRONMENT JUST LIKE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LIKE ERNIE ZELINSKI WORK IN
CLICK HERE IF WOULD LIKE TO